Effective Date: May 25, 2018
This website is owned and operated by CareerBuilder Germany GmbH (“CareerBuilder”). CareerBuilder collects personal and non-personal information on this website. CareerBuilder is committed to protecting the privacy of its users. We have created this privacy statement to describe and explain our data collection practices to users.
CareerBuilder Germany GmbH
The types of personal data we collect
CareerBuilder collects personal and other data from data subjects in the European Economic Area ("EEA") who visit this website ("EEA Website Visitors") or the individual representatives of our current, former or prospective corporate customers, suppliers and business partners (“EEA Business Contacts”).
CareerBuilder may collect the following types of data:
- E-mail address
- home and business address
- phone numbers
- Employment history, including job titles and company names
- Information about training
- financial information
- Username and password for the accounts set up on this website
- Job search behavior and preferences, including a record of the searches that visitors make on this website
- When a visitor logs in to this website using a social media account, the visitor's social media ID, social media profile picture URL, and other information contained in that visitor's social media profile
- Information about the devices a visitor used to access this website (e.g. IP address and device, browser and operating system type and other operating system support information)
- Pages and URLs that direct visitors to this site, and pages and URLs that visitors return to after leaving this site
- Date and time of visit to this website
- Information about actions taken on this website (such as page visits, website navigation patterns and job view or application activity)
- A general geographic location (e.g. country and city) from which a visitor accesses this website
- Search terms used by visitors to get to this website
CareerBuilder does not attempt to collect personally identifiable information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data to uniquely identify an individual, data concerning health, or data concerning sex life or sexual relations reveal the orientation of a natural person.
purposes for processing personal data; Legal basis
CareerBuilder processes the personal data of EU data subjects for the following purposes:
- Providing our products and services.
- Registration, administration and maintenance of user accounts on our website.
- Maintaining the CVs published on this website and making them available.
- Processing, validating and delivering purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting customers about their orders, including by telephone).
- Recording of the jobs that a visitor views or applies for on this website.
- Informing visitors to this website about relevant job postings that may be of interest to them.
- Providing administrative notices or notices applicable to the use of this website.
- Providing customer support and handling technical issues.
- Contacting data subjects and providing information, in some cases tailored to their interests (e.g. relevant services, training or other career development opportunities)
- enabling data subjects to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media,
- Soliciting and providing feedback from data subjects.
- Manage participation in our events and other promotions.
- Analyzing and improving our marketing communications and strategies.
- Analyzing trends and statistics regarding the use of this website by visitors, mobile applications and social media assets, as well as the places displayed or applied on this website.
- Analysis of trends and statistics on the labor market and career mobility in the local economy and at national level.
- Optimizing the search results of our website search engine.
- Protecting against and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
Comply with applicable laws, court orders, legal process, document requests, industry standards and our policies.
We may also combine certain non-personally identifiable Aggregate Data or otherwise de-identified data about our users and use and share that data in our products and services. "Aggregate Data" is the demographic information or employment information (such as occupation, education and experience) of many people combined together. Aggregate data is used to analyze the characteristics of different populations and does not identify specific individuals. We may also use and share anonymized data to track trends in the job market and usage of our products and services.
For EEA website visitors, CareerBuilder's legal basis for processing your personal data is: (i) performance of the contract in relation to registration, CV and application information you have provided and (ii) consent to the use of certain cookies when browsing the website ; where unregistered users sign up for job recommendation emails and registered and unregistered users sign up to receive marketing emails. For EEA business contacts who are current customers, suppliers and business partners of CareerBuilder, our legal basis for processing your personal data is the performance of a contract between us.
We may also process personal data where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and where our interests are not overridden by the impact on the data subject. Our legitimate interests include marketing, selling and providing our products and services; product development and expansion; Knowledge of our users' behavior, activities, preferences and needs; Fraud protection and prevention; and complying with applicable legal requirements, court orders, legal process, document requests and industry standards and our policies.
Recipients of Personal Data
In addition, when CareerBuilder is available to its customers as a service provider (data processor) (data controller), CareerBuilder may be in possession of customer data that includes information that is defined as personal data. In performing these services, CareerBuilder will not process, store or otherwise process Personal Information in any manner other than as determined by the Data Controller. Accordingly, CareerBuilder does not share, uniquely identify, or otherwise use Personal Information for any commercial purpose other than as authorized by the Data Controller. In some cases, in accordance with our customer agreements, we may share personal information with a subcontractor,
CareerBuilder reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information about you or your use of this website without your prior permission if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect the rights, property, or safety protect and defend CareerBuilder, its employees, other users of this site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions applicable to the use of this website; (c) comply with any valid request from any relevant governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that Content violates the rights of third parties. We may also disclose personal information as we deem necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
In addition, personal information we have collected may be disclosed to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets, or bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of CareerBuilder.
Transfer of personal data to a third country
Personal data collected by CareerBuilder is stored in Europe or in the USA. Processing occurs primarily in Europe and the United States, but may also occur in other countries where CareerBuilder or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or third-party service providers maintain service facilities. CareerBuilder will ensure that any such affiliate, subsidiary or third party service provider is covered by an appropriate framework or contract recognized by the relevant authority or court as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right to request access to, correct and delete your personal information. You also have the right to restrict or object to our processing of your data and to object to a decision that is based solely on our automated processing of your data. To exercise these rights under applicable law, please contact the Customer Service Center with your request .
Please help us keep your information accurate by notifying us immediately of any changes to your personal information.
There may be instances where the amount of information that can be disclosed to data subjects under applicable law is limited (e.g. where this would necessarily involve disclosure of information about another individual). CareerBuilder may, in certain circumstances, withhold certain types of personal information, subject to applicable local legal requirements. If there is any discrepancy, please contact the Customer Service Center . In addition, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Right to withdraw consent
Affected persons whose processing is based on consent can revoke this consent at any time; However, CareerBuilder will then no longer be able to provide services or marketing communications to the data subject.
Changes to this Statement
Commercial register number: HRB 215347